Hello and welcome to my blog.
I started off with this blog with an intention of having multiple authors. Hence the name "The E Homemakers". So, if you want to contribute by writing, or convey a message through my blog, please feel free to contact me anytime. I would only love to have you around my blog. Please do no feel lost if sometime you come here and find the looks changed. I get bored really soon so I keep on adding/subtracting things.
P.S. This is a sticky post. Newer posts begin right after this one.



Friday, December 28, 2007

Ylang Ylang Rules!!

Last night, after a long time, my spirits were soaring high. I was bored of what i saw around and I wanted to change the surrounding environment to a warm, cozy, romantic one. What i did was this...


On that little blue oil diffuser (sorry for being a bad photographer... colors are not that visible in the pic i know. But you can sure make out wheres it right?), i put some Ylang Ylang essential oil. It was not even one minute, and the room was filled with its exceptionally sweet, floral and exotic fragrance. For cherry-on-the-top part, i put on some really soothing melodious numbers in the background. Even Hiba (my 1.5 yrs old daughter) was delighted by this setup. She did'nt utter a single word for long. She just passed me by several times, giving a broad smile, as if she was absorbing every bit of it, in. Best part was DH's oh-so-precious smile as he entered the house after work. Yes! it did work!

Ylang Ylang is an aromatherapy oil, which is known for its relaxing and stimulating properties. Its medicinal properties helps dispel doubt and anxiety and boosts self-confidence. Its essence is obtained through steam distillation of the fresh ylang ylang flowers. Its one of my favorites and i use it mostly in my massage and bath oil blends. If you want to use it, use just a few drops. Its seductive aroma wont let your partner be away from you for long. Make sure you don't use large quantities at one time. If you do so, your partner will sure get in bed, but it wont be for what you intended!

You might also want check out:

Brands you might want to try
Aromatherapy Day time uplifting Blend
Essential Skin Care
Aromatherapy Candle making tutorial

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ylang ylang is one of my favorites too! apart from that i like neroli as well. i love aromatherapy!!

Anonymous said...

ylang ylang is one of my favorites too! apart from that i like neroli as well. i love aromatherapy!!

Anonymous said...

woops! sorry for "entering" my previous twice. browser error!

Anonymous said...

does it really work? i am yet to make that out...

Anonymous said...

wow! what happened next?? ;-) LOL. sorry for being wacky, but where are you? why arnet you coming online these days?

Anonymous said...

i like the pic..